Sunday, February 7, 2010

"The Scarecrow"



Jack McEvoy is being forced out of his job at the Los Angeles Times due to the rise of the internet and budget cuts. He decides to go out of his job with a bang by writing a prize-winning murder story. As he learns more about the 16 year old drug dealer who has confessed to a brutal rape and murder, he discovers that this crime will take him in a totally different direction. Jack teams up with FBI agent Rachel Walling to hunt down the true killer and discovers that he and Rachel are being hunted by the killer as well.

Michael Connelly is probably my favorite crime fiction author, and I truly enjoy his books. Although he has an array of main characters he likes to use in his books, Harry Bosch--the Hollywood detective is probably my favorite. Having grown up in Los Angeles County, I can picture many of the settings for the books. Harry has been beaten down by life, but he is always working for the victims.

The Scarecrow grabbed me from the beginning and took me on a great adventure. The end was a little formulaic and simplistic, but the plot development was outstanding. I enjoyed the book, but if I were going to recommend a Michael Connelly book, A Darkness More Than Night is my most recent favorite.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.